Ministry of ICT & NG runs three programs:
- Enabling environment for ICT Development and Regulation.
This program is responsible for creating an enabling environment and advising government on IT development, utilization and deployment, formulation of policies and laws for information management, creation of balanced and coordinated national and regional backbone infrastructure and increasing geographical coverage of telecommunication services country wide.
- Effective communication and National Guidance
This program is responsible for dissemination of public information, ensuring the accuracy and integrity in reporting of national programs and events by all nationwide media and enabling the citizenry adopt the national vision, values and common good.
There are three sub programs which include Uganda Media Centre, National Guidance and Information.
- General Administration, policy and planning
This program for ensuring compliance with policy development guidelines, financial management, administrative and financial regulations and procedures in accordance with public finance and accounting regulation.
Further to the programs above, there are subprograms which include; Information technology, Information Management Services, Broadcasting Infrastructure, Posts and telecommunications, Uganda Media Centre, National Guidance, Information, Finance and Administration, and Internal Audit.
The specific functions of the Ministry as outlined in the Report on the Approved Structure (2009) include the following:
- Initiating and coordinating the development of appropriate National ICT Policies, strategies, plans and programmers that extensively increase ICT awareness, skills, knowledge and utilization to enable the country achieve its development goals;
- Developing, reviewing and formulating a National legal framework that takes into account the convergence of information and communications technologies including multi-media;
- Formulating laws and regulations as well as standards that promote, guide, and ensure efficient and effective utilization of ICT and Postal services;
- Setting, regulating and enforcing professional ethics and performance standards for the ICT professionals in the country;
- Hosting, developing and deploying the cadres of all ICT related professionals and technicians in the mainstream public service;
- Initiating, developing, promoting and providing technical leadership, support and guidance for the establishment of sustainable communications infrastructure and e-service systems in the country;
- Setting standards and providing information management services for the depository management, interim archival and storage of electronic information and records and their linkage to the manual systems;
- Developing, documenting and maintaining a databank of National information systems in Government and country at large;
- Supporting, promoting and ensuring a conduct of research in ICT to guarantee that the country develops and assimilates appropriate ICTs;
- Mobilizing resources and attracting strategic investments for developing the sector;
- Coordinating the activities and stakeholders in the ICT Sector so as to ensure enhanced public-private partnerships and harmonized approaches; and
- Monitoring and evaluating ICT services and related activities in the public service (Central Governments and Local Governments).